Friday, April 2, 2010

Who's Zoomin' Who?

One thing is certain, whatever it is we're trying to hide; we're never ready for that moment when the truth gets naked. That's the problem with secrets – like misery, they love company. They pile up and up until you don't have room for anything else, until you're so full of secrets you feel like you're going to burst.

So I was having a conversation with Tammy yesterday about work, life balance and it got me thinking.

My conversation with Tammy was basically about how she feels that she has been spending too much time at work, leaving her with no time to do other stuff. And more importantly, she felt that what she really wants now, is to get hitched. I basically told her that it's something that I think about but definitely not within the next few months, or 1 - 2 years. Reason being? I want to focus on my career. Now, before you start screaming at me and calling me a career minded WOman, I do have some reasons why. Well, you see... In the past, I wanted to get married when I turn 25, have kids when I am 28 and yadah yadah. But I met that bastard, thought I had everything going for me... Great bf, new career...fantastic relationship... all when I was 24. I had happy times and in fact, I couldn't be any happier when I was with him.

Then, everything came crashing down. 

And life changed for me. 

I threw myself into my new job, worked endlessly and tirelessly. Just so I can forget things, pull myself up and carry on with life. My whole point of saying all these is... the main gist of our conversation was that we came to a conclusion that things always happen at a certain timing, all planned. Simply put, everything happens for a reason. I am a firm believer of that and it's something I bear in mind, whenever something happen. 
 
If that bastard haven't left me in that state, I probably wouldn't have gained all the things I have today.

1. I worked my ass off and got promoted within a year. I was also the top performer of the global team (more than 50 of us, both SG & TW ... our scores are being used to pit against each other). Work got better each year and finally, I realized my dream to work in another country!!

2. I had the chance to travel every 3 months, getting to know some really good friends from TW.

3. I found a great friend in CL, he was the one who encouraged me, pull me up and told me that I will regret crying over that useless man when I look back after a few years (and yes, CL... you're damn right!). 

4. My friendship with Serenity was strengthen and I found my soulmate back even though we weren't in the best situation at that point of time. I came to realise that a true friend will never leave you, no matter what and she proved it. I remembered the countless emails, sms, rushing down to my side, watch me cry, cry with me, cried for me, laugh with me, get angry for me and be happy for me. I can never asked for more. 

5. I know how much my friends love me... Chewy & Stanley who came over to my place in the middle of the night, slept at the staircase area because I refused to let them in. Who continuously encourage me and scolded me when I needed waking up. CK who always give me the harshest words but all for my own good.

6. My family. 'Nuff said. 

7.  A friendship formed over the Internet where I wrote to a complete stranger who actually took time to respond to me and encourage me. I never knew that she was going through a hard time in her marriage at that time as well and is really grateful and guilty at the same time. Guilty that she still have to comfort me despite her own situation. Grateful that she responded and made a difference in my life. She's really happy right now and she deserves it for being the wonderful person she is.

8.  New found relationship with God. 

9. Russ... (it's been 7 months now!)

10. Finding myself, all over again. 

I'm thankful for all of the above and if I have to go through what I've went through before, I would take it on again. But this time round, I'll be the tough bitch that everyone knows. =)

1 comment: