Monday, August 2, 2010

Thanks for the Memories

Gratitude, appreciation, giving thanks. No matter what words you use, they all mean the same thing. Happy. We're supposed to be happy. Grateful for friends, family. Happy just to be alive. Whether we like it or not.


By now, if you are a great Grey's Anatomy fan like me; you'd have realized that all my entry title is actually the episode title. I don't know how but everytime I start an entry, the quote seems to fit exactly what I'm feeling at the moment or what I want to say... The most ironic thing is, this particular episode reminds me why I am unhappy... because of something that was said before.

I know I have been saying this over and over again but it has been a tough month for me, emotionally. But I guess, it's all better now. Sometimes in life, when you let things go and not take it too literally, it's always a bit easier. I'm not saying to be totally nonchalant but just bit a teeny weeny bit detached from those things that are making you unhappy. I wish I can put into words exactly what I'm feeling but I think its better left unsaid. 

I look at things around me, and I wonder... Should I be happy with all that I have now? Yes, I do... I'm actually grateful (note that it's gratitude) because it actually made me realized and see things that, even though I don't want to... I did. 

Well... Life... there's always light at the end of the tunnel. 

Never realized how crooked my jaw is until this picture... Guess I will always be perfectly imperfect.


Maybe we're not supposed to be happy. Maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human. Maybe we're thankful for the familiar things we know. And maybe we're thankful for the things we'll never know. At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate. 

1 comment: